Family Preservation - Family & Life Skills
Adoption Options allows families to take the lead and make choices as well as create routines and structures that promote healthy relationships among the family.
Family and Life Skills
In 2012 AOI recognized a significant need for family preservation services for parents involved with the child welfare system. In order to address the various needs of the families, Adoption Option Inc. expanded the scope of services to include family preservation services, life skills education and parenting time services. Services are offered in the Great Lakes Bay Region and surrounding areas.
Adoption Option Inc. provides varying services to the families of Midland, Gladwin, Isabella, Clare, Arenac, Bay, Saginaw, Genesee, Gratiot and Shiawasee Counties. Follow the Program Links below to learn more about each program and the services provided to families.
Family Preservation Programs
PULSE Services For Families and Children
The Parents Using Life Skills Education, also known as PULSE provides intensive, individualized parent education focusing on the parent/child interaction. The program also helps facilitate a productive and healthy home environment.
The worker partners with the family to create a Service Plan that outlines weekly visits, along with intensive supportive intervention as it pertains to life skills. The Service Plan also includes an assessment of the parents’ strengths and needs. The Nurturing Parenting Program is used to provide parent education to families. This program was designed by Dr. Stephen Bavolek and developed to use with families involved in the child welfare system.
- Gladwin Counties
- This program requires a referral from the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Open to Families in Gladwin who are experiencing Children Protective Services involvement or have children placed in Foster Care
How to Access Services
- Contact your Gladwin or Saginaw County DHHS worker to inquire about a referral.
- To find out more information on the program, please e-mail any questions to email@example.com.
Advanced In Home
Advanced In-Home Services, offers intensive parent education and life skill to families who are involved with Children’s Protective Services or Foster Care.
- Arenac County
- Bay County
- Isabella/Clare Counties
- Gladwin/Midland Counties
How to Access Services
- To find out more information on the program please e-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org