There is a new scholarship opportunity for youth who have experienced foster care in the State of Michigan. The Fostering Futures Scholarship is available for student awards beginning the current semester!
The following are important items to remember:
- Student must have been in foster care on or after their 13th birthday
- There is no upper age limit.
- Student must be attending a Michigan public or private 4-year college/university or a community college.
- Funding can be used only for the following: Tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment.
- This funding can be used along with ETV.
There is no maximum amount, but must be for a specific unmet need for the following: Tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment.
Students need to submit the application and send it, along with copies of his/her financial aid award letter, most recent transcripts, and documentation supporting any off-campus expense requested to the Michigan Education Trust office, listed at the bottom of the application and can be found here:
Michigan Education Trust
PO Box 30198
Lansing MI 48909
Fax: (517) 373-6967
Here are the time frames for submitting Fostering Futures Applications:
Summer 2014 – Now through July 14, 2014
Fall 2014 – July 15 through August 15, 2014
Winter/Spring 2015 – November 1 through November 30, 2014
Spring/Summer 2015 – March 1 through March 31, 2015
Summer 2015 – April 15 to May 15, 2015